Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking
Nonny Nonny is offline

Default Home Depot 1/4" Lag Screw

FWIW, my neighbor asked me and another neighbor to hang her new
LCD TV set, using an arm bracket. Without going into detail, we
needed (4) 1/4" X 6" lags to get the job done really solid. I
sized the pilot hole myself, using the MK22 eyeball device in my
head, and by the way, the hole was drilled with a 5" long bit.

2 of the blasted things torqued off, meaning that we had to adjust
the height of the bracket to remount it. They are a POS and it'll
be a cold day in Hades before I use anything like that in a
project.

--
Nonny

and articulate person who has absolutely no clue
concerning what they are talking about.
The person is typically a media commentator or politician.