Mark Jerde

Default Table Saw Fence Accuracy - (Yes, I Googled)

Tom Murphy wrote:

That pretty much answers the question. A quality fence that is
properly adjusted is expected to repeatably clamp parallel within
"useful" accuracy. If I go with the Grizzly, I'll wait until I can
afford the fence upgrade.

It depends on your skill level. My first TS was a cheapo Delta bench saw.
It was great for me for a long time. Eventually my inaccuracies were less
than its and I needed a better saw. The G1022 with the low-end fence was
great for me for a long time. My skills kept improving, and eventually I
wanted a fence with better than 1/32" to 1/128" "flutter" on the back side.
So I bought a used "Shop Fox Original" fence.

The low-end G1022 fence is very good. If you use its micro adjust and
always "sneak up" on the measurement from the same direction you'll be able
to set it pretty durn accurately. In retrospect, I got the Shop Fox
Original mostly because I was infatuated with it, not because the limits of
the Grizzly were hard to work around... g

-- Mark