Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking
Leon[_6_] Leon[_6_] is offline

Default Volkswagens (was Rethinking "Made in China")

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message
Snip

Try volunteering in a school for awhile and you will have your eyes
opened.

The problem starts at home.

Totally agree with that statement. We want to keep up with the Jones'
although we don't have the education or aptitude to do that so both of us
have to work to keep up, and we still want 3.8 children, but we don't have
the time to supervise them. We want the school to do their share in raising
our children but don't do any thing to hurt their feelings or discipline
them more so than we would.

The ones in charge mostly being elected into the position and those that
have the powers to appoint positions really don't care if the education
system/factory turns out a smart child or not. They are supervising/baby
sitting for the parents, the ones too busy to properly watch over their own
children.

The teachers eat poo. They have to deal with the bureaucracy, don't scold
Mary, don't make Juan learn or speak English, make sure every one gets a
trophy, make sure they are taught the achievement tests, waste time with
kids that need a whoopin but their parents will not give them one. And for
God's sake don't show any extra attention to those that have true potential.

The good teachers find better jobs with less stress and a job that means
something, something they can proud to have been a part of. The good
teachers go to private schools where nonsense discipline matters get handled
and not shuffled into the next class.

Eventually the good teachers are very few and far in between. Not so many
fresh college graduate teachers have the maturity to deal with the politics.
The good ones find a better job.

Slowly but surely the school system becomes filled with "not so many" good
teachers and yet there are still lots of teacher in the public education
system. These teachers unfortunately are also a casualty of the system.
Fewer and fewer qualified teachers are attracted to the public school system
and finally the system takes what it can get.

What the system gets becomes another aspect of the problem and the cancer
spreads.

And the parents are Ground Zero for that problem.

Greed!

TMT