Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking
LDosser LDosser is offline

Default Rethinking "Made in China"

"Leon" wrote in message

"LDosser" wrote in message

PGE recently replaced our analog meter with a digital one. So far it does
not 'phone home' to me and I only look at it when taking out the trash,
but the odd thing is my usage dropped by about ten percent since they put
it in. No changes at all in appliances or usage. I'm becoming very
suspicious that a faulty analog meter or reader's eyeballs have been
charging me an extra ten percent for years.

I'd suspect a faulty meter over being misread. While a meter is easily
misread it is usually corrected on the following read. If you are seeing
longer term less usage it sounds like the old meter was not being nice to
you.

I suspect so. I'm going to have a wee chat with them if the next couple of
bills bear me out. Perhaps we can come to a reasonable accomodation.
"Reasonable" being I don't tell channel 2.

My meter comunicated with the thermostat and then through the modem to
give the power company the information. The meter readers would give that
meter the strangest looks as it was not readabel IIRC, the modem was the
link to my billing.

I'm not sure what this one does or how it does it. Might be good to find
out. Be neat to have an easier way to figure out what is going on with
usage.