Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking
Nonny Nonny is offline

Default Volkswagens (was Rethinking "Made in China")

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in
message ...
Nonny wrote:
According to the book, "Small Wonder," the beetle was designed
by Dr. Porsche and the basic design was so good that only
refinements were made over its long manufacturing run. IMHO,
if there's any secret to VW's beetle, it was that they got lots
and lots of feedback from owners bringing the car in with the
little glitches. If there was consistency to a glitch, like a
door handle that kept breaking, VW would design a new and
improved one and start using them. The product was continually
refined and improved, within the limitations of the basic
design or concept.

I had an '71 Super Beetle and felt it was an excellent car if
you overlooked the lack of heat in IN/MI winters. grin

I thought there was a gasoline burning heater option for cold
climate
VW Bugs.

TDD

There was a gas heater option for one that came out a few years
after mine, but it was for a top of the line VW sedan, as I
recall. If I'd heard of a heater option for my '71, I sure as the
dickens would have gotten it. grin

--
Nonny

and articulate person who has absolutely no clue
concerning what they are talking about.
The person is typically a media commentator or politician.