Tom Murphy

Default Table Saw Fence Accuracy - (Yes, I Googled)

Hi Everyone,

I've done my due diligence with a Google search, but since I'm so new
to this world I'm not sure I understand what I'm reading.

Okay, to the point...

I'm considering the purchase of a modestly priced table saw such as
the Grizzly 1022 series. What is a reasonable expectation for accuracy
of the standard fence on a quality machine, specifically with regard
to it being parallel to the blade?

I will not be doing super precise work so I'm less concerned about the
width scale, but in my opinion, a table saw fence is useless if it
does not reliably clamp to parallel within a few hundredths of an inch
over the length of the table.

Am I going to have to buy a top-end fence to get there? I truly feel
that if I have to manually adjust the angle of the fence for every
set-up, then I might as well stick with the circular saw for my
current work.

This is a great group. Thanks for helping this newbie along.

Tom Murphy