Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking

Default Rethinking "Made in China"

Dave Balderstone wrote:
In article , J. Clarke
wrote:

CW wrote:
"Swingman" wrote in message
HeyBub wrote:
Swingman wrote:
Jules wrote:

They'll build what they're paid to build, no more and no less.
There are talented folk there, same as anywhere else
They are excellent copy cats, but there is NOTHING like European
engineering for built-in quality, from handsaws and screwdrivers,
to spaceships.
The Europeans built a spaceship? I think Flash Gordon was an
American...

Last I heard, the Europeans were trying to put up their own GPS
satellite system - for reasons passing understanding.
Tsk, tsk ... you get into space on "rockets", Bubba ... Wernher Von
Braun

Yes, the success of the American space program was due to imports.
They imported Germany's best scientists.

So what percentage of the engineers working on Apollo were German?

Hint--go to Youtube and search on "Disney Moon" and you'll find that the
concept that Von Braun was pushing pre-Apollo was considerably different
from what actually flew (and before you make some ignorant sneering remark
about Disney, do the search and watch the episode).

A surprising number of the best NASA scientists and engineers came from
Canada after the Avro Arrow project was canceled by the Diefenbaker
Conservative government.

http://www.avroarrow.org/AvroArrow/Avroengineers.html

Didn't they all come here to Alabamastan to work on them dang rockets?

TDD