Posted to alt.home.repair
BobR BobR is offline

Default On "Smart" power meters

On Dec 15, 10:31*am, "HeyBub" wrote:
"[WASHINGTON] Millions of households across America are taking a first step
into the world of the "smart grid," as their power companies install meters
that can tell them how much electricity they are using hour by hour - and
sometimes, appliance by appliance. But not everyone is happy about it."

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/14/us...ef=instapundit

Why should I be happy about it since I have already had to start
paying an extra fee every damn month for that stupid meter that hasn't
been installed yet and won't be for upto three years. I have to pay
in advance for the meter, pay after the meter is finally installed for
several more years and the only benefit that I can see will be to the
power company who will be laying off employees that aren't needed to
read the meters.