Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking
CW[_5_] CW[_5_] is offline

Default Rethinking "Made in China"

"Swingman" wrote in message
HeyBub wrote:
Swingman wrote:
Jules wrote:

They'll build what they're paid to build, no more and no less. There
are talented folk there, same as anywhere else
They are excellent copy cats, but there is NOTHING like European
engineering for built-in quality, from handsaws and screwdrivers, to
spaceships.

The Europeans built a spaceship? I think Flash Gordon was an American...

Last I heard, the Europeans were trying to put up their own GPS satellite
system - for reasons passing understanding.

Tsk, tsk ... you get into space on "rockets", Bubba ... Wernher Von Braun

Yes, the success of the American space program was due to imports. They
imported Germany's best scientists.