Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking

Default Rethinking "Made in China"

On Dec 16, 3:27*pm, Jules
wrote:
On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 11:39:07 -0800, David Nebenzahl wrote:
This post is aimed at all you sinophobes out there.

I'm getting a little tired of hearing the complaint "___ is a piece of
****: what do you expect? It's made in China!".

They'll build what they're paid to build, no more and no less. There are
talented folk there, same as anywhere else - but if people want to pay
for crap that breaks after a few months so that they then have to go
out and buy more crap, then that's what the Chinese will happily make...

Problem is, *everyone* does it. It's almost impossible for a company to
exist on the basis of making a 'quality' product any more - which means
that even if the individual wants to pay extra for something that'll last,
the product simply doesn't exist.

cheers

Jules

Interesting discussion.

I think also much of the "blame" is upon the buyer.....how much will
each of us pay for more quality?

We get what we pay for...if you want better, then vote with your
dollars and companies will hear you.

TMT