Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Snag[_3_] Snag[_3_] is offline

Default OT (?) Camper refrigerators

Steve B wrote:
"Snag" wrote in message
CalifBill wrote:
"Steve B" wrote in message

"CalifBill" wrote in message
news
"Snag" wrote in message
Well , the cooling fins are metal ...
We have a camper with a dual-power refr. unit . It stopped
suddenly on Monday ... It's a Dometic RM2652 unit , if that helps
. I haven't been onsite to diagnose yet , but have downloaded a
few pages of diagnostics to my thumb drive . Preliminary
indications are towards a main board gone T/U ...
Does anyone here have any info on common weaknesses of these
units ? Is the main board a "usual suspect" when they just die ?

--
Snag
Still learnin' ...

Have had a thermocouple go bad. Bad connection on the 110v side
and bad thermocouple on the gas side.

I had one quit because a wire came loose. There are some things
inside the cover that need a tester and a trained tech, but some
things, like spider webs and mud dauber nests and hanging wires are
obvious fixes. Steve

I found the bad AC connection when pulling out the gas
thermocouple. The spade connector was not in the spade part, but
was touching, at least for a while, inside the plastic shield.

Hopefully it'll be something simple like that loose wire or blocked
airflow . Thanks to both of you !

--
Snag
"90 FLHTCU "Strider"

My BIL, who is not mechanically inclined, plus lazy, took his to the
dealer. It sat two weeks. He finally went over and raised hell. The
manager had the tekkie look at it. He found a broken wire and a
spiders nest. Fixed it in five minutes. Charged him $180 for two
hours labor. Sometimes, one can fix them. Other times, it's time to take
it to
the shop. If you know anyone familiar with electronics, they can help
trouble shoot a relay or other device very inexpensively. They are
expensive to have worked on because there aren't a lot of people who
are familiar with them, and secondly, they got you by the grapes.

Steve

I'm moderately adept at troubleshooting stuff . Especially when I have about
20 pages of info downloaded onto a thumb drive ... plug it into the laptop ,
got all the tests right in front of me .
Technology's just alright with me ! I suspect the main board is gone ,
which is about a hundred bucks plus shipping . Hey , I might get lucky and
find something cheaper to repair . I should know by Saturday afternoon !
--
Snag
If it's not one thing