Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Home Depot 1/4" Lag Screw

In article , "Leon" wrote:

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
In article , SMS
wrote:
Jon Danniken wrote:

Be careful what you build with the fasteners you buy from the bulk bin
at
Home Depot.

Okay, then it's not just me that has that problem with lag bolts from
Home Depot. I've become anal about drilling pilot holes that are long
enough and large enough diameter to deal with these crappy lag bolts.

Where can you buy good quality lag bolts though?

Any real hardware store.

I keep seeing this answer.... what does that mean exactly? Not piling on
you but what exactly defines a "real" hardware store, and does that
guarantee that the "real" hardware store will also not have crap?

Ace. Tru-Value. Do-it-Best. Any hardware store with old wooden floors. The
quality of the fasteners is markedly higher at any of those places, and the
selection usually much wider, than at any of the big-box stores.