Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking
Leon[_6_] Leon[_6_] is offline

Default Home Depot 1/4" Lag Screw

"StephenM" wrote in message

MeFeeleys is generally considered a reputable source for fasteners, I
agree for wood screws and graded nuts and bolts however I have bought
some pretty cheesy ungraded machine screws from McFeeleys, I have had
several break from 100 pack box.

I had the same experience. I have never been disappointed by their
regular screws, but I did get a crappy box of dowel screws from them once.
I called them on it and they offered me the opportunity to return them at
my expense. ( I was underwhelmed).

Buyer beware. Just because McFeeleys stocks it, it does not make it
quality.

Precicely, you can generally rest assured that if their fasteners claim to
be hardened or graded they will be good, if not, it will be iffy.