Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Snag[_3_] Snag[_3_] is offline

Default OT (?) Camper refrigerators

CalifBill wrote:
"Steve B" wrote in message

"CalifBill" wrote in message
news

"Snag" wrote in message
Well , the cooling fins are metal ...
We have a camper with a dual-power refr. unit . It stopped
suddenly on Monday ... It's a Dometic RM2652 unit , if that helps
. I haven't been onsite to diagnose yet , but have downloaded a
few pages of diagnostics to my thumb drive . Preliminary
indications are towards a main board gone T/U ...
Does anyone here have any info on common weaknesses of these
units ? Is the main board a "usual suspect" when they just die ?

--
Snag
Still learnin' ...

Have had a thermocouple go bad. Bad connection on the 110v side
and bad thermocouple on the gas side.

I had one quit because a wire came loose. There are some things
inside the cover that need a tester and a trained tech, but some
things, like spider webs and mud dauber nests and hanging wires are
obvious fixes. Steve

I found the bad AC connection when pulling out the gas thermocouple. The
spade connector was not in the spade part, but was touching, at
least for a while, inside the plastic shield.

Hopefully it'll be something simple like that loose wire or blocked airflow
.. Thanks to both of you !

--
Snag
"90 FLHTCU "Strider"