Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Snag[_3_] Snag[_3_] is offline

Default OT (?) Camper refrigerators

wrote:
On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 19:31:20 -0600, "Snag"
wrote:

Well , the cooling fins are metal ...
We have a camper with a dual-power refr. unit . It stopped suddenly
on Monday ... It's a Dometic RM2652 unit , if that helps . I haven't
been onsite to diagnose yet , but have downloaded a few pages of
diagnostics to my thumb drive . Preliminary indications are towards
a main board gone T/U ...
Does anyone here have any info on common weaknesses of these units
? Is the main board a "usual suspect" when they just die ?

dual power as in 12/110, 12/lpg, 110 lpg?

The electric part of an LPG dual power is just a strip heater to take
the place of the pilot flame. The biggest problem with lpg fridges is
dirt on the "pilot" flame or nests blocking the draft.

Paul mentioned blowing things out too . Might just be dirty - well , I can
hope !
Thanks !

--
Snag