Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Snag[_3_] Snag[_3_] is offline

Default OT (?) Camper refrigerators

wrote:
On Dec 15, 5:31 pm, "Snag" wrote:
Well , the cooling fins are metal ...
We have a camper with a dual-power refr. unit . It stopped suddenly
on Monday ... It's a Dometic RM2652 unit , if that helps . I haven't
been onsite to diagnose yet , but have downloaded a few pages of
diagnostics to my thumb drive . Preliminary indications are towards
a main board gone T/U ...
Does anyone here have any info on common weaknesses of these units ?
Is the main board a "usual suspect" when they just die ?

--
Snag
Still learnin' ...

We have such a refer in our 5th wheel. Runs on either propane or 120
VAC shore power. Type of power to use is selected by push button at
the top of the unit. You didn't say which was being used when your
unit stopped. If it was using propane, did the propane bottle run
empty? Did the "fault" light come on?

Each year before we start camping, I pull the outside cover and blow
all the dirt, spiders and other stuff out with compressed air. Lots of
stuff comes out!

The units run on ammonia gas and if this leaks out, the cooling stops.
Have you smelled any ammonia in your camper? Well, you said you
haven't inspected the unit, so I guess you wouldn't know, yet.

Hard to guess until you know more.

Paul

The wife is there , it's where she stays during the week to save driving
time . No ammonia , so we think the sealed unit is OK . I'll take a
compressor ... Thanks !

--
Snag
"90 FLHTCU "Strider"