Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RoyJ RoyJ is offline

Default Strange locking(??) nut

About what I figured, just looking for a bit of backup as well as the
theory. Thanks!!!

Steve Lusardi wrote:
They are a high temp locknut and they are popular in Europe in the auto
industry.....be advised they are a one time use nut. If they are
removed, they must be replaced with a new one.
Steve

"RoyJ" wrote in message
m...
A friend showed me a weird flanged nut today, still trying to figure
out what it was. Approximately M12 diameter, coarse thread, flanged
nut, think it was used in a Porsche. Starting from the flange side,
there were approximately 5 regular threads, a gap with no threads at
all bored out to the major diameter, and then one complete thread. It
looked like a standard nylon locking nut with the nylon removed and
with a thread instead of the top crimp.

What is it???