Posted to alt.home.repair
Caesar Romano Caesar Romano is offline

Default On "Smart" power meters

On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 14:38:46 -0600, "HeyBub"
wrote Re On "Smart" power meters:

Caesar Romano wrote:
On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 13:17:54 -0500, EXT wrote:
Not so much "control", just a blatant method of raising the prices
while saying it is your fault it costs so much. Get used to doing
your laundry and cooking after midnight, that is when the rates you
have now will kick in, while the daytime and evening rates will
skyrocket. We have these meters here but the local utility hasn't
started billing according to time of day.

It's a form of rationing that the rich aren't subject to because it's
chump change to them.

I would rather see ration coupons wherein people could sell their
unneed coupons on the open market.

It's called "Cap-and-Trade." You're not alone in wanting it. It's the goal
of the Luddites.

Sorry, I didn't explain myself well. What I would really like to see
is about 150 new nuclear power plants built in the U.S. But that's not
going to happen, so we are going to see some kind of rationing soon.
Given that, I would rather see coupon-rationing rather than price
rationing since price-rationing only applies to the middle class.