Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT (?) Camper refrigerators

"Snag" fired this volley in
:

Well , the cooling fins are metal ...
We have a camper with a dual-power refr. unit . It stopped suddenly
on
Monday ... It's a Dometic RM2652 unit , if that helps . I haven't been
onsite to diagnose yet , but have downloaded a few pages of
diagnostics to my thumb drive . Preliminary indications are towards a
main board gone T/U ...
Does anyone here have any info on common weaknesses of these units ?
Is
the main board a "usual suspect" when they just die ?

Servel-cyle units are pretty solid, unless they develop a leak in the
sealed system (which happens pretty often at about 10-15 years age, since
the system is all iron pipe, which rusts).

Since the heating element leads are exposed clearly in all RV units, you
might consider disconnecting them and powering the (120V) element
directly from a patch cord. If the unit cools, it's the controller.

LLoyd