Posted to alt.home.repair

Default On "Smart" power meters

HeyBub wrote:
"[WASHINGTON] Millions of households across America are taking a first step
into the world of the "smart grid," as their power companies install meters
that can tell them how much electricity they are using hour by hour - and
sometimes, appliance by appliance. But not everyone is happy about it."

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/14/us...ef=instapundit

I see a way for the government to control you through taxing your
energy usage based on the time of day. Or, law enforcement seeing
your power usage and deciding that you must be doing something
illegal like growing pot in your basement. It's all about control,
I knew it when BeeHO started yapping about smart grid technology.
Control the energy supply, control access to health care, control
the flow of information (kill conservative talk radio) which will
lead to control of the citizenry which will turn them into subjects.
Hell people, just give up now!

TDD