Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Dual Saw -- anyone use one?

"Existential Angst" wrote in message
"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"Existential Angst" wrote:

Next, when you grok the difference between a "conventional cut" and a
"climb
cut", post back -- maybe then we can have an intelligent conversation.

Something you clearly don't, EA. Those terms apply to end mills when
using the side of the cutter. Applied to a circular saw blade, they're
just meaningless technobabble used to weakly obfuscate your ignorance.

Uh, I am *not* going to get into this argument,

Ed,

The real thrust of this whole thing, and the most important issue, is the
pre-meditated and essentially conspiratorial rip-off and mind**** these
companies put together, no doubt whilst laughing their effing heads off.
By taking things subtlely -- and not so subtlely -- out of context, and
hyping inconsequential and irrelevant differences, they wind up with very
impressive well-choreographed bull****, and consequently are able to rip
off the public to the tune of $$millions.

Take bleating RicodJour's links to the "real" dual saws -- just what does
dat **** have to do with a shop?
Well, everything, if you listen to con-men like Billy Mays.
I'll bet a good piece of the farm that that pos dual saw did not cut a
truly intact car in half, and if it did, I'm sure they went through about
a dozen of those saws and just as many blades. I'm sure even with that
bull**** prop car, they went through multiple blades/motors.

It is really an interesting and, imo, *important* exercise to take
something like the dual saw mis-infomercial, and line-by-line, go through
all the misrepresentations -- from a purely analytic NON-hands-on pov, the
very pov that bleating RJ, with his little brain, bitches about.

It is really an important exercise in logic, analysis, science, marketing,
psychology, mass psychology, perception, and proly a few other things.
It is pretty brilliant -- AND diabolical -- how these marketing
mutha****as go about all this.

And, of course, reprehensible.
I personally believe this ilk of mis-infomercial qualifies for RICO
prosecution, as these misinformational campaigns are really ongoing
organized criminal enterprises.

A line-by-line analysis of the dual saw infomercial, or any of Tony
Little's ****, or really any of these bull**** informercials would make
for a very illuminating and educational article -- should you be looking
for new subject.

--
EA

Er, ah....Jesus, of all of the things I'd want to investigate, get angry
about, and then write about, I think you've just given me one to file
between "exploitation of diabetic mice in medical research," and "new
slim-jim designs for car thieves."

I'll get there. If I live that long. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress