Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Mark Rand Mark Rand is offline

Default Chineese 4 wheelers

On Mon, 14 Dec 2009 23:08:10 +0000, David Billington
wrote:

stryped wrote:
My mom and dad want to buy my 5 year old a 4 wheeler for Christmas and
found a person who buys them and assembles them to sell. A 110 camo
was 579. A 125 was 799.

Where do people order these things from to re sell and are they junk?
The person on the phone said they were identical to a Honda in terms
of the engine and somethign abotu the company buying a patten from
Honda?

A mate of mine got his son of a similar age a Lotus 7 style go cart but
he did ditch the engine and fitted the motor and electronic controls
from a mobility scooter. Kid loved it and it wasn't fast enough to be
dangerous. He used it to play around the garden. IIRC he did use it
under supervision and dad fitted a remote control kill switch just in
case. The latest project was doing similar with a wheelhorse? lawn
tractor. A guy he knew also came to me for some machining on a similar
project, that was to build a miniature Landrover for his god son, again
based on mobility scooter components.

Damnit. I had a BRM racing car _pedal_ car at that age. It was the best
present I ever got!

Mark Rand
RTFM