Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B[_2_] Steve B[_2_] is offline

Default So so day in the shop

"Wes" wrote in message
I thought today would be a good one. Drove to the big city to get an
extension handle for
my paint roller to make painting my ceiling eggshell white a bit easier.

Got back home and started off by opening the box with a second 4' two tube
light for the
room. No power cord or hanging chains.

Okay fine. I'll steal a light from out in the garage. Grab one that
isn't plugged in.
Can't remember why, thought it was because I was saving money on power.

Somehow I loose the hanging chains taking it down. 5 minutes of looking
finds them.

Anyway, I put in a couple of cup hooks. Don's little doodad would have
been nice to have.
I hang the light, plug it in and I hear noise, clicks, no light. Damn.

Change out the T12 48" tubes, no change.

Okay, I'll move the other light in the room so I can paint the ceiling
easier where it
hangs. It will still give me enough light to work.

Now I open that can of eggshell white. Why is it turquoise?

Someone must have decided not to buy some paint they had tinted and put it
back on the
shelf. I hope they have a month of bad luck.

Don't have a receipt for the paint but I have a feeling Home Depot will do
right. If not
I'll buy a can and use that receipt the next day to return the turquoise.

Wes

After that, I'd just stay in bed or the closet for a couple of days. It's a
sign, I tell ya.

Steve