Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default A Safety story..

steamer wrote:

--The good news is it wasn't pointed anywhere dangerous, otherwise
the shop would have burned down. Bad news: 800w for 3 days will put a
real spike on the electric bill. Looks like Puddytat knocked it on the
floor. Must remember, in future, to unplug dangerous devices after use..

I don't care how good the insurance is, I don't ever want to have a fire that takes down
my home or shop.

Years ago, I left my uncles M1911 on the coffee table. Smith and Wesson and another cat
who's name I can't recall at the moment were sitting on the table playing with it.

I picked it up, made sure it was empty, kicked off the safety and set it back down.

Eventually, one of the cats managed to put a paw though the trigger guard and with the
other paw satisfy the grip safety and make it go 'click'. Wish I could remember the other
cats name.

Those freak things can really hurt you.

Wes

in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller