David Binkowski

Default Plunge v Fixed Base Router

If the Hitachi's were good enough for Bob and Rick, they're good nuff for me
!

So I installed it on Linux...
"Brian in Vancouver, BC" wrote in message
Mark;
Have you considered the Hitachi M12V, which also is a 3-1/4 hp unit? Cost
appears to be about 60% of the PC. I definitely wouldn't exchange mine

for
that PC even without considering the price difference.

Brian

igy.com...

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...outer+table%22

| I have two 3+HP plunge routers, one is fixed speed and the other is
variable
| speed. The plunge router will do everything a fixed base router will

do
and
| just as easily. I use my router daily hand held or in a table with no
| problems.
| My advice is to get a quality large variable speed plunge router.
|
| While you are looking at routers you might want to have a look at the
Triton