Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Wilkins Jim Wilkins is offline

Default Fastest way to remove rust and paint from flat steel surface/

On Dec 12, 7:39*pm, "Wild_Bill" wrote:
Those crazy-looking rotary scalers/brushes ....
Having used one of these tools, I can imagine that frequent injuries were
probably likely.

A neighbor's son almost lost an eye when one of the wires broke off
and impaled him in the face.

I've had good results with a medium grit wheel on an angle grinder,
not sure why but it doesn't load up with paint too badly. It's the
same wheel that I use for auto body final grinding (and lathe bits)
and the light scratches disappear after sanding the first prime coat.

jsw