Posted to rec.woodworking
Tanus Tanus is offline

Default Engineer's square

Steve Turner wrote:
Bill wrote:
My wife mentioned she would like to give me a woodworking
item for xmas...haven't mentioned anything yet.

I'd sure like to have a Lee Valley Imperial Micro-Adjust Marking Gauge
for Christmas, if anybody wants to get one for me:

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...55&cat=1,42936

I think your wife wants to get you one too Bill. :-)

She does. Take it from me.

I love that guage. I use it constantly. I rarely bitch about anything
that LV sells, but I do have one minor complaint with the markings on
this tool. I can't really read them and have to use either a micrometer
or indirect measuring to set it up. Which is likely the best way anyway,
but the markings could be a bit darker.

However, it's still a wonderful marking too.

Tanus