Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
whit3rd whit3rd is offline

Default Fastest way to remove rust and paint from flat steel surface/

On Dec 12, 12:49*pm, Ignoramus22753 ignoramus22...@NOSPAM.
22753.invalid wrote:
I have a rectangular fuel tank that has some rust and flaking paint.

I want to remove both and re-prime and repaint, so that the tank looks
less menacing.

Attempts to do it with a wire brush on a 4.5" angle grinder were kind
of successful, but too slow and painful.

If the rust is only a dusting, and some of the paint comes off with a
wire
brush, give it a sloppy cleaning, then use 'liquid sandpaper' (TSP).
A suitable antirust primer and paint coat should stick, and the
appearance can be upgraded from menacing to surly.