Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Fastest way to remove rust and paint from flat steel surface/

Ignoramus22753 wrote:
I have a rectangular fuel tank that has some rust and flaking paint.

I want to remove both and re-prime and repaint, so that the tank looks
less menacing.

Attempts to do it with a wire brush on a 4.5" angle grinder were kind
of successful, but too slow and painful.

I would like to find a better way. I heard that some flap type disks
are better than wire brushes and are particularly good at this task.

I would not mind paying extra $$ for one if I can save two hours of
grueling labor.

Any ideas?

It's too hard of a task, just give up.