Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Mills Roger Mills is offline

Default Boiler scrappage scheme

Heliotrope Smith wrote:

AIUI, Ideal and Stelrad are just brand names used for various
products made by Caradon PLC - so the names may crop up in various
combinations. Everest Double Glazing is (or, at least, used to be)
part of the same outfit.

Is Everest stiil going? I thought they went down years ago.

Well, someone is still using the name and logo, 'cos I had a flier through
the letter box only a few days ago.

On further investigation, they appear not now to be part of Caradon, though.

I suspect that Caradon has been split up, with different bits being sold to
different entities - but with some of them still retaining the name. For
example, according to the Kompass Companies database, Caradon Radiators
Holdings Ltd appears to be owned by Bandwood Ltd - who, in turn, are owned
by ISG Holdings Ltd. The same database says that the shareholders of Caradon
Plumbing Solutions Ltd are Ideal Stelrad Ltd.

I'm not sure which of these entities produced the boiler under discussion,
but it's not surprising to see the names Caradon, Ideal and Stelrad
appearing together in various combinations.

For all I know, the same model may have morphed into something else during
its production life - a bit like an Austin Metro becoming a Rover 100!
--
Cheers,
Roger