Posted to uk.d-i-y
David WE Roberts David WE Roberts is offline

Default Boiler scrappage scheme

"Roger Mills" wrote in message
David WE Roberts wrote:

snip
Get it from the official source! http://www.sedbuk.com/

Tried to search their database and it was as much use as an udder on
a bull!

Yes, sorry - I'm sure it had used to be better than that.

I think someone has already drawn your attention to:
http://www.ofgem.gov.uk/Sustainabili...ers%20List.xls
which contains a list of all G-Rated boilers. One of the entries is:
Caradon Ideal W2000 rs60 4142189 GAS 65

which looks like your boiler except that the 4th and 5th digits of the GC#
are different. Are you sure that you're quoting the correct number for
yours?

I looked at that entry first, and the difference in numbers sent me off on a
protracted search.
I am quoting the number from the sheet stuck to the inside of the front flap
of the boiler.
This Caradon Ideal confuses me as well - the boiler is marked as Stelrad
Ideal and Ideal Stelrad are still making boilers.
No list seems to contain 'Stelrad' though.
Googling Caradon Ideal leads you back to the Ideal website, but the website
doesn't seem to talk about Caradon (although the words "Now in 2007," on the
About Us page suggest that it hasn't been updated recently).

I emailed to ask them about the rating but got:

" Error delivering to enquiries; Cannot store document; database has too
many unique field names. Please ask your administrator to compact the
database.
"
So either they have been inundated with enquiries about the scrappage scheme
or they aren't really interested in their 'enquiries' mailbox.

Nothing is easy, is it? :-(

Presumably as the registration number is lower than the one quoted it is an
earlier model, so should also be 'G' rated.
I did manage to Google the number on a spare parts website so the number
does seem valid, just not in any of the boiler rating lists.

Ho hum.

Dave R