Jay Pique

Default Window Glazing

On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 20:40:04 GMT, "Bob S." wrote:

"solarman" wrote in message

No need to do the rolling in hands and fingers trick anymore....
It comes in a tube to fit an ordinary caulking gun. Saves tons of
time and the end of the tube is square to help form the bead...

Home Depot has plenty of them. I just finished doing about 15
windows day before yesterday with the stuff....

Damn.......next they'll be telling me that we have pre-packaged, sliced
bread at the borgs too...what's this world coming to anyhow...

Good points from both Doug and solarman.

Thanks for all the advice guys. I'm debating whether or not to rip
off the ones that I've already done and start over. They sorta look
like crap, but they're at least "done" for now.

In the future I'll definitely go with glazing in a tube, a real
glazier's tool, mineral spirits out the ying-yang and a good dose of
patience on tap for the inevitable frustrations.

It's odd - I don't mind a lot of the tasks involved with restoration,
but painting trim and glazing windows really bug me. I can sit and
heat strip or sand or paint with a 4 incher all day long and be quite
content. And the repair work and refitting is the bomb - it's the
detail finishing that I'm not so keen on.

Who knows - it's probably just lack of experience.

Thanks again.

JP