Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair
Existential Angst Existential Angst is offline

Default Dual Saw -- anyone use one?

"Wild_Bill" wrote in message
The most important point of the infomercial was missed.. the DualSaw cuts
diamond plated aluminum, and almost everyone knows how hard diamond is.

I think they claim 8 years and millions of dollars to develop the
DualSaw.. yeah, right.

I was actually going to mention that as a kind of proof of deceptive
intent -- but then RicodJour mighta bunched up his panties so tight, he
mighta hurt himself.

And where there is smoke there is fire.
Even when everything else seems/sounds above board and kosher, one willful
piece of neglect fact-wise usually is just the tip of the conjob iceberg.
Like fitness infomercials, where they can't even get the name of the muscle
right. Which dudn't really matter, being that they are just one long string
of illusion, allusion, and non sequiturs.

The Genesis, I believe:
Tony Little changed the shape (heh) of the marketing and advertising world.
He sold millions of Ab Isolators, being so pudgy he had to wear a shiny
Lycra body suit.
That's like... that's like..... that's as absurd as a tobacco company
telling you not to smoke.

Hey.... wait a minute.... Big Tobaccer IS telling us not to smoke!!!
Holy ****.....

Well, anyway, both prove my point:
We live in a BizarroLand of logic, which is heaven come to earth fer
yer local marketeer.

Tony Little demonstrated this BizarroLand Logic in what could have been the
greatest marketing experiment ever performed -- advertising has never been
the same since.

And, if TV were the hypnotist's pendulum, then the Internet is a surgical
brain probe -- the situation is orders of magnitude worser now.

Marketeers can not only sell snow to an Eskimo, it won't even be snow!
AND, you won't be able to return it.
AND, not only will your credit card company not reverse the charges, they
may up your interest rate to... oh, 40%, instead of the current 30%, for
being 1. a self-professed idiot, and 2. for being a pita to them, on top of
it all.

More reasons to love Merka.
--
EA

--
WB
metalworking projects

"Existential Angst" wrote in message
Awl --

I haven't, but for the life of me, all I see are *disadvantages* to this
gadget.

The first is, of course, cost.
This thing is triple the cost of a 7 1/4" circ saw, with blades that are
4-6 times the cost of std circ saw blades. Not to mention the lack of
availability.

Next, I can't see that it can do *anything* that a circ saw cannot do.
In fact, a lot less, and with a lot less accuracy.
The only ""advantage" is that the blade is teeny, so you have lower sfpm,
and can get away with cutting rebar, etc -- and I wonder for how long,
before the blade goes kaput.

It has no plate for straight cuts, no mitre, it is basically a 4 1/2"
grinder with a trim saw blade -- $19 from HF.
They never say what the blade size is, but it looks 4.5 - 5".

As always, the infomercial is highly misleading. You cannot do sink-type
cutouts without using a jig saw -- pure geometry of a circular blade.

True, it could reduce kickback, in case of a snag, or cutting unsupported
"in air", but I never had a problem with that either.

That "spark test" with gasoline was fraud.

Another infomercial hustle, afaict.

But if there are different experiences, do tell.
--
EA