Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Antifreeze - not just for cars

I'm with you. I'd like to see some kind of service like
that. It may exist already, I'm not sure.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"The Daring Dufas" wrote
in message ...

Around here it occasionally gets cold enough to damage
plumbing
but the temp has to drop to 15F or lower for several days
before
there is a plumbers bonanza. It's my understanding that in
colder
parts of the country, folks setup the plumbing system so
that it's
easily drained and also configured in such a way that
compressed
air can be used to blow out any residual water. It seems to
me that
a plumbing company could have a service where they could
justify
the expense of a large high volume air compressor like those
used
for jackhammers and go from one customer to another to clear
their
lines or blow a nontoxic antifreeze mix through a system.
With all
of the foreclosures going on, the creditors would probably
have an
interest in some sort of mothballing service.

TDD