Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill Bill is offline

Default Engineer's square

"BobS" wrote in message

While the engineers squares at this price point are somewhat accurate,
save your money and get a Starrett Try Square (~$75) and build a nice box
for it. It is accurate enough (2 thou / 12") for anything you'll align in
your shop or want to measure. It will also last you a lifetime and be a
great tool to give to your grandson/daughter one of these days. (that's
when the wheels on the walker are worn flat...;-)

Bob S.

I finally decided to "take the plunge". Seems like it will be helpful in
installing a woodworkers
vise on the benchtop I want to build (right?). Now I find out neither
Rockler nor Woodcraft
carry the 12" hardened-steel version (C33H-12-4R). Would have liked to have
found
it locally, but I can't seem to find a good source near Indianapolis. I
contacted Starrett
who gave me "two numbers to start with". The first one had been
disconnected. Evidently
there is more money to be made selling the 9.99 versions.

Bill