Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Mills Roger Mills is offline

Default Boiler scrappage scheme

David WE Roberts wrote:

"Vass" wrote in message
. uk...

"Usenet Nutter" wrote in
message ...
On Fri, 11 Dec 2009 12:37:35 -0000, "Vass"
wrote:

well I went on the site, entered my make and model of boiler and
it so old
it has no grading (but likely to be less that 70% efficient)

But it then requires me to buy from a dealer rather than purchase
off the shelf at B&Q etc.....

so I save £ 400 by getting a rebate, but pay £ 2000 to British Gas
for the
privilege.

Anyone found the work around yet?

Do you have a link to the site you mention?

http://www.homeheatingguide.co.uk/ef...FUgA4wodDzibrQ

Doesn't even list mine.
Stelrad Ideal W2000 RS60 GC No 41 415 89
I can't find anything via Google either.
I have emailed Ideal to see if they can tell me a rating.

They only seem to have recent-ish models on that site - certainly for Baxi -
don't know about others.

Get it from the official source! http://www.sedbuk.com/
--
Cheers,