Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Bentley and woodworking (2/2)

On Wed, 9 Dec 2009 16:09:45 -0800, the infamous "Nonny"
scrawled the following:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 07 Dec 2009 21:34:54 -0600, the infamous Steve Turner
scrawled the following:

(inside pic of Bentley dash)

What, a 4,500RPM redline?!? She ain't no sporty job, is she?

--
To know what you prefer instead of humbly saying Amen
to what the world tells you you ought to prefer,

FWIW, I've driven both the Continental GT and the Flying Spur a
few times. I cannot describe how smooth the W-12 engine is- it's
more like an electric vehicle in terms of no sensation of engine
at all, but the thrust is incredible. I had a Porsche at one
time, and either of the Bentley versions could have kept up or
even put it away. Yes, the interior is as nice as the power
train, BTW. The first of the Flying Spurs was a bit Spartan when
it came to interior goodies, but then they realized that the owner
of the car would also be the driver.

BTW, a lot of young people might think that the W-12 is a radical
or unique design, but a trip to any air museum would show them
what multiple bank radial engines were like. Merely truncate the
radials to eliminate the lower cylinders and you have the Bentley
engine.

It's a VW? Whoa! From the wiki site:

--snip--
Continental Flying Spur Speed

For 2009, Bentley introduced a Continental Flying Spur Speed model.
Similar to the Continental GT Speed, engine output has been increased
to 449 kilowatts (610 PS; 602 bhp) at 6,000 rpm and 750 newton metres
(553 ft·lbf) at 1,700-5,600 rpm - with a top speed of 322 kilometres
per hour (200 mph) (up from 194 mph),[2] making it the world's fastest
four-door saloon.[3] Acceleration time from 0–100 kilometres per hour
(0.0–62.1 mph) is now 4.8 seconds. It features enlarged disc brakes,
and an upgraded Bosch ESP 8.1 Electronic Stability Programme.
--snip--

Holy ****, Batman! That's a true screamer.