Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair
Existential Angst Existential Angst is offline

Default Dual Saw -- anyone use one?

"RicodJour" wrote in message
On Dec 10, 2:42 pm, "Existential Angst"
wrote:
"RicodJour" wrote in message
On Dec 10, 2:14 pm, "Existential Angst"
wrote:

I caught a thread on rec.woodworking, and apparently a lot of people who
should know better don't know how to use a circular saw, and/or just
don't
get the concept..
A very sophisticated mechanism, that accomplishes.... what????

What thread was that? Post a link, please.

I'm curious who on the rec doesn't know how to use a circular saw.
Please provide the link, or tell me the thread's subject line.
Thanks.

What's inneresting to me is that this thing is bogus from *first
principles*, like effing perpetual motion -- altho at first blush it
does
show some promise..
But instead you get these big long voice-of-effing-reason
"""objective"""
posts/reviews, from assholes who just don't effing get it.

I *did* miss the obvious, however, these things are made with spit, and
these companies are set up to sodomize you with your own credit card.
The motors are crap, and the blades DON'T last through steel, esp.
rebar,
bar stock -- not at 6,000 rpm with a 5" diameter.

Sears apparently made one years ago, discontinued it, brought it back in
various forms.

But ultimately, this pos is just a 4.5" angle grinder, with a toothed
blade.
$19 from HF.
AND, just how useful is an angle grinder with a toothed blade? visavis a
regular circular saw?

PV's Law:
ANYTHING on an infomercial is crap.
ANYTHING over-advertised (Geico, Progressive, freecreditreport.com,
Nautuilus TreadClimber) is crap. The money that should be infused into
the
product is instead spent on hype.
Really just the arithmetic of immutable economics.

The Little Giant Ladder and the Fein Multimaster were sold on

=============================

Uhhh, the..... PRICE???????? just as a start.....
--
EA

infomercials, as was the Chia Pet. Please explain what sucks about
those items.

Your quoting skills are atrocious. You decorate and obfuscate instead
of just quoting like everyone else. Be that as it may...

for some reason, your posts are not quotable. Which is proly just as well.

You said all stuff on infomercials was crap - fine, you don't like the
price of those products, but what's wrong with them?

Bang fer yer buck that is 1/10 the bang/buck of "traditional" tools = crap
and/or ripoff.

Bang fer yer buck = performance divided by $$.
Either low perf or excessively high $$ = crap and/or ripoff.
--
EA