Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Antifreeze - not just for cars

Now, that's a real life experience field report. Thanks for
the dose of reality.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Tom Horne" wrote in message

Well as I said earlier the slug of water expands in all
directions.
Not just the directions in line with the pipes. The
pressure that
causes is more than enough to fracture stone so the piping
has no hope
of surviving the experience. Every time the hunters have
used the
toilets after they were antifreeze treated the toilets break
and that
is just because the antifreeze is diluted with urine. When
they are
also fastidious enough to use the sink the S trap breaks.
So from
experience I can tell you that if the water hard freezes in
the trap
it will fracture.
--
Tom Horne