Posted to alt.home.repair
JoeSpareBedroom[_3_] JoeSpareBedroom[_3_] is offline

Default Antifreeze - not just for cars

Only if the water supply enters the house above all the other pipes, which
is an arrangement I don't think is very common on this planet. Now, if you
change the word "pour" to "pump", you may have a chance of this discussion
ending before a week from next Tuesday.

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
It's an older house, probably 30 plus years old. VERY easy
to have saggy horizontals.

Is it (typically) easier to pour antifreeze into the pipes,
or blow the water out?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote in message
On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 15:36:13 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

That's my concern. Might be horizontal pipes with sags.

A 1/2 inch pipe that is run more or less horizontal but is
3/4 inch
higher at one end than the other is enough to cause a
disaster.

Now think about how easy it would be for that condition to
exist!