Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Delta 1/4 HP Stock Feeder Problem

Tom Watson wrote:
Delta 38-850

This unit was loaned out and I think that it was run too hot.

Currently neither the wheels nor the fan will turn if the unit is too
cold.

When the shop warms up it will run but it is easy to stall.

Does anyone have any experience with this problem?

Nope, but just bought a replacement for my Delta BOSS 1/4 horse motor,
which was experiencing similar symptoms as your motor, only it was
smoking also, from:

http://myworld.ebay.com/tools-rule/

Bought online yesterday (12/09), it was confirmed shipped (by Weber
Woodworking?) and is already on it's way with a 12/14 UPS delivery date.

Might want to check these two sources out if push comes to shove.

Delta Service Net wanted $189 for the same motor, my cost from this ebay
source was $56 with shipping ... supposed to be a brand new Delta
branded motor?

We'll see ...

--
www.e-woodshop.net