Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Dual Saw -- anyone use one?

cncmillgil wrote in
:

On Dec 10, 2:51*am, "Existential Angst"
wrote:
Awl --

I haven't, but for the life of me, all I see are *disadvantages* to
this gadget.

The first is, of course, cost.
This thing is triple the cost of a 7 1/4" circ saw, with blades that
are

4-6
times the cost of std circ saw blades. *Not to mention the lack of
availability.

Next, I can't see that it can do *anything* that a circ saw cannot
do.

*In
fact, a lot less, and with a lot less accuracy.
The only ""advantage" is that the blade is teeny, so you have lower
sfpm, and can get away with cutting rebar, etc -- and I wonder for
how long, before the blade goes kaput.

It has no plate for straight cuts, no mitre, it is basically a 4 1/2"
grinder with a trim saw blade -- $19 from HF.
They never say what the blade size is, but it looks 4.5 - 5".

As always, the infomercial is highly misleading. *You cannot do
sink-ty

pe
cutouts without using a jig saw -- pure geometry of a circular blade.

True, it could reduce kickback, in case of a snag, or cutting
unsupported "in air", but I never had a problem with that either.

That "spark test" with gasoline was fraud.

Another infomercial hustle, afaict.

But if there are different experiences, do tell.
--
EA

I had a post about this a few months back in AMC. Its a bust.
Maybe Vince(sham-wow, slap chop) can show it off? Got that camera guy?

"You're gonna love my nuts."

http://users.cin.net/~milgil/CNC_xmas.jpg
http://users.cin.net/~milgil/Santa_checkup.jpg
--