Posted to sci.electronics.repair
William R. Walsh[_2_] William R. Walsh[_2_] is offline

Default pc issue.. should I be worried?

Hi!

not even sure where I'd find something like that around
here.
maybe the source(which used to be radio shack) ?

I don't know how similiar The Source is to RadioShack here in the US,
but I know they were at least loosely related at one time. So they
might have what you need.

You can also steal capacitors from dead equipment. I have been known
to harvest them from motherboards that were the victim of some
catastrophic failure (other than the caps). If the equipment isn't
terribly old and the capacitors look OK, they probably are.

I'm even installing windows 7 on it, for kicks. kind of push it
to its limits

Been there, done that:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxf3PWwIqew

Compaq Deskpro EN, 40GB hard disk, 512MB RAM

It was entirely usable for a lot of basic computing needs.

William