Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_2_] Steve B[_2_] is offline

Default Antifreeze - not just for cars

"EXT" wrote

Water will still be in the supply lines, probably even if it is drained,
and can freeze. If the water was not shut off the house could be flooded
when the supply pipe splits.

Water can be in all sorts of lines you think you've drained. At our cabin,
we have one of the pull out snakes in the kitchen. The water in the bow of
the hose remained after the cabin had been drained, and it froze. Now, I
take off the head and blow through it to empty it, but that first year, it
burst. I think I'm going to make a Schrader input, and use air to blow it
out, so I can get more.

Steve