Posted to alt.home.repair
JoeSpareBedroom[_3_] JoeSpareBedroom[_3_] is offline

Default Antifreeze - not just for cars

The Ball canning guide says otherwise. Many uncracked jars in my freezer
over the years are also evidence to the contrary. But this doesn't matter.
If you think there is NOT room for expansion in the u-shaped drain traps, I
really want to hear about it. I'm a very curious guy.

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
I've had glass crack, in the freezer. Many years ago, and my
parents were not pleased. Admittedly it was a full glass
bottle with a cap screwed on. I'm fairly sure ice expands
sidways, so it would crack in any case.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in
message ...

If I put liquid in a glass jar, but leave enough headroom
and don't tighten
the lid, I can put that jar in the freezer and the jar won't
break because
there's room for expansion. With me so far?