Posted to sci.electronics.repair
kronflux[_2_] kronflux[_2_] is offline

Default pc issue.. should I be worried?

not even sure where I'd find something like that around here.
but I'll try to find one. I'm gonna leave it on for about 5 hours,
sitting here watching it constantly, if it doesn't go nuts or blow up
or whatever, I'm just gonna leave it like that.
if I remember correctly, bypass capacitors are mainly to filter out AC
noise, since most of the board's component's require DC power. and
since the power supply is supposed to do a good deal of that on it's
own.. I don't see how they are entirely necessary on the board. that's
not to say I won't keep my eye out. if I find them somewhere, maybe
the source(which used to be radio shack) ? I dunno.
lets see how the next 5 hours go.
I'm even installing windows 7 on it, for kicks. kind of push it to its
limits

thanks for the help guys, I really appreciate it.