Posted to alt.home.repair
JoeSpareBedroom[_3_] JoeSpareBedroom[_3_] is offline

Default Antifreeze - not just for cars

So, what you're saying is that you used RV antifreeze?

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
I wrote it, meant it, said it, and stand by it. "We put RV
antifreeze...."

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Tony" wrote in message
Stormin Mormon wrote:
Friend of mine, is acting as caretaker for a family
member's
house. The power got shut off, and the house is cold
inside.
Down to 37, last he checked. Four burneers on the stove
for
an hour raises the temp two entire degrees.

Last night, we put RV antifreeze in the drain traps.
Toilets, sinks, showers. We considered the dishwasher. But
that hadn't run in six month or so, and probably the trap
dried out. Washing machine is in the cellar, and should
stay
warmer.

For $3.97 that might be a lot cheaper than replacing a
bunch
of broken pipes. I got to thinking. On the way home, I
bought myself a jug of antifreeze. Might never need it.
But
it might be cheaper than replacing a bunch of pipes and
such
if I need it here, or for a friend some day.

I'm hoping you bought RV type antifreeze and not automobile
type. You
don't want to flush auto stuff down the drains to
contaminate the water
supply.