Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Samuel M. Goldwasser[_2_] Samuel M. Goldwasser[_2_] is offline

Default pc issue.. should I be worried?

"William R. Walsh" writes:

Hi!

so just to be clear, I -can- remove this, and it -should- work
without replacing it?

No, you'd better replace that capacitor. The designers of the board
put it there for a good reason. If you just remove it, you may find
out why when the board blows up or something on it fries.

HaHaHaHaHa... I used to design high performance computers. Engineers
often sprinkle bypass caps all over the place for insurance and there
are always more than need be. The worst that will happen is that Windows
might crash 1 time out of 10000 more often than it usually does.

In any case, the board won't blow up or fry due to a missing bypass cap!
Geez! ;-)

--
sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ: http://www.repairfaq.org/

A new capacitor will be cheap. If you can find someone who is willing
to remove and replace the old one, or if you already know how, this
will not be an expensive fix.