Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
F. George McDuffee F. George McDuffee is offline

Default Emerson Electric

On Mon, 7 Dec 2009 17:16:05 -0800 (PST), Too_Many_Tools
wrote:

On Dec 7, 9:17*am, F. George McDuffee gmcduf...@mcduffee-
associates.us wrote:
On Sat, 05 Dec 2009 08:29:28 -0500, Wes wrote:
Ignoramus26134 wrote:

The next question is why exactly they do so. Maybe it is because they
like downtrodden people? Or maybe it is accidental? Or, perhaps, maybe
it is because Republicans get donations from those welthy people?

I believe the idea that wealthy people are the major source of Republican funding is an
often repeated fallacy. *

In any case, as you pointed out, eventually we have to pay for
everything.

That is true. *I want to know just how much I am paying for that everything.

There is an art of hiding the knife in politics when it comes to taxes. *They want the
money, they just don't want you to see where it came from for fear you will revolt.

Wes

=========
This goes to the heart of the free enterprise system in that a
consumer can make a rational choice only if they know what the
total product/service cost is. *

Unka' George [George McDuffee]
He that will not apply new remedies,
must expect new evils:
for Time is the greatest innovator: and
what shall be the end?

Essays, "Of Innovations" (1597-1625).- Hide quoted text -

Agreed.

And the fact that companies hard to hide that information should be a
big red flag for every consumer.

TMT

=============
As indicated in another thread, this in most cases is called
"cost externalization." As long as any business is allowed to
shift their costs to someone else, they will do so in order to
maximize their profits. This is the nature of business and does
not [necessarily] imply the existence of a plot or conspiracy.

The shift from small scale local operations/organizations to
multinational corporations has greatly amplified and exacerbated
the problem of "cost externalization" and the parallel problem of
"transfer pricing" where profits are shifted to the jurisdictions
with the lowest or no taxes, and the costs are shifted to the
areas with the highest cost and tax deductions.

The basic/root problem appears to be that the economy/financial
system has become so complex that no one understands it, and it
is therefore impossible to regulate and control. What must be
done is obvious, but doing it may well be impossible, i.e. the
genie is out of the bottle and he ain't going back.

Unka George

(George McDuffee)

The past is a foreign country;
they do things differently there.
L. P. Hartley (1895-1972), British author.
The Go-Between, Prologue (1953).