Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Radial arm saw versus 12" compund sliding miter saw question- & Festool

Leon wrote:
"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
Snip

I just tried out their 75mm Circular saw and track. Swaeeeeeeeeeet

Yabbut, unless you're a millionaire...

You'd think that, at the price they get for these things, they'd at
least have proper translations for the manuals. The one for the chop
saw is 135 pages long. It contains 13 pages of untexted illustrations
+ 11 pages of instructions/warnings...in each of 'lebenty seven
languages.

We "millionares" can figger it out, right Swingman? LOL

Far from being a millionaire, but I now own three Festool tools ... and
that's going to change, probably again today.

I'm about convinced a Rotex is in order for annual end of year "buy a
tool or give it to the government" exercise.

Festool quality reminds of the 50's "Made in USA" ... but there is
nothing like it in the USA today. Anything I consider not an expendable
item in the shop will be on the order of Festool, Fein, Veritas, Omer,
et al, if I can swing it.

Tools seem to be a good barometer of the decline of this particular
period in our culture ... "Made in USA", as far as tools go, is
predominately nothing but a crock of **** today.

With Festool the manual is something you read at night when it is too dark
to work with the tool. It is not really necessary. ;~)

Haven't had to read a Festool manual yet for operations, except briefly
for the diagram that familiarizes you with the various knobs and dials
.... operation is nothing but intuitive for anyone with a basic
familiarity with tools.

Even the plunge saw requires only a few minutes with the manual before
making NO, or hardly any, sawdust.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08